Applications Open for the Race To Zero Youth Fellowship
By Climate Champions | November 18, 2020
The power of youth voice in reframing climate ambition and driving systematic change is incredible. Young people all over the world are driving change as entrepreneurs, practitioners, scientists, farmers, activists, to name a few. Inspired by their energy and commitment towards addressing climate change, we are excited to announce the launch of the Race To Zero Youth Fellowship programme.
This fellowship – led by the High Level Champions team – will provide a platform for young people to work with the Champions and to contribute to our work on driving ambitious climate action. Fellows will join the High Level Climate Champions Team for a 10-month fellowship focused on a few critical sectors – food and agriculture, energy and climate resilience.
The fellowship will include modules on leadership development, engagement with business, NGO and/or policy leaders, mobilisation and outreach in broader networks, and a capstone project. The fellows will work closely with the sector leads during this fellowship and will be required to commit up to 10 hours per week. Fellows will receive a small stipend.
Who should apply
If you’re an early career professional, under 30, with a record of engagement or expertise in one or two of the sectors hosting the fellowship or a history of climate/sustainability advocacy and familiarity with multi-stakeholder organising, we highly encourage you to apply.
- Minimum five years of work experience, either in one of the fellowship sectors, or climate leadership or organising
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and willingness to be flexible (you will be working with teams across different time-zones)
- Adequate network relevant to sector-specific or climate related work
- Ability to commit minimum 10 hours a week to the fellowship
- Sufficient English language skills
- Laptop and reliable internet connectivity
- A commitment to the goals of the Race to Zero campaign to raise non-state actor commitments to the global goals of the Paris Agreement
Applications are open
You can find the application form and more information here.
The deadline for submitting complete applications is 5pm GMT on Sunday 13 December.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we would recommend applying early.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.