Business and industry leaders attending this week’s B7 summit will be urged to accelerate a “once in a lifetime” opportunity to seize the monumental opportunities of a net zero transition.
Call for Partnerships
COP26 is a key moment for the Paris Agreement and for global leadership in climate change. To deliver on our ambition, the High Level Climate Champions have established a team of global experts across a variety of key sectors and knowledge communities. The Climate Champions team and the UNFCCC secretariat are focusing on delivering six key objectives:
- Deliver a 10x increase in net-zero commitments from non-state actors and strengthen resilience for people and communities most vulnerable to climate change
- Deliver breakthrough momentum against defined “tipping points” for industrial systems transformation in key sectors
- Support diplomatic efforts through non-state actor channels
- Enhance engagement and agency across non-state actor groups
- Win the narrative battle on action and progress, and
- Establish an infrastructure to drive a decade of climate action
During 2020, we have made significant progress in all these areas and we are set, with partners, to make 2021 the most impactful year for climate action. We are currently expanding our team and have a number of vacant positions, which we seek to fill through pro-bono secondments or sponsored roles. The main requirements are set out in the table below, but there are other opportunities to contribute too so please do get in touch to discuss.
Pro Bono Opportunities
Systems Transformation Team
- Programme support & analysts: Suitable for staff at the start or early on in their career, wishing to contribute to – and seeking to build up experience in – systems transformation in a specific sector or area
- Associates: Suitable for staff with specialisms in one or more of the following areas: transport, energy, finance, industry and nature based solutions
- Programme support and associates: Suitable for staff with stakeholder engagement experience with one or more of the following groups: (a) businesses (b) national, regional and city governments (c) communities and individual groups
- Associates: Suitable for staff with experience and track record of resilience programmes and campaigns
- Programme support & analysts: Suitable for staff at at the start or early on in their career, wishing to contribute to – and seeking to build up experience in – resilience and campaign activity
Programme development, management & operations
The following positions are suitable for staff with strong organisational skills and operational experience, with a commitment to support the development of the Climate Champions team and the wider infrastructure needed to drive a decade of climate action
- Administrative support, finance and operations
- Programme management
- HR & Legal
The positions are open to all organisations with a deep commitment to climate action and accelerated transformation to reach net-zero.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in discussing any of the pro-bono roles above or wider partnership opportunities.
You are also welcome to contact the Climate Champions Director of Operations directly: email@example.com or +44 787 989 4045.
An encouraging array of announcements of new commitments and partnerships – both public and private – and the nearly exponential growth in membership of the critical Race to Zero campaign shows that the transformation of the global economy is truly underway.
The global shift to a green economy could create 18 million jobs, with the potential to provide high-quality employment and livelihoods around the world. But what about the people and communities whose livelihoods, right now, depend on the fossil fuel or other high-carbon sectors?